Monday, June 20, 2011

Nessun Dorma



I was thinking of my mom today...this was one of her favorite artists and songs.  We heard this one many, many times growing up!  When I hear this song and it reaches the cresendo...I cannot help but hold my breath with the final exaltation.  Only Pavoratti has moved me to tears with his rendition of this song.  It is a beautiful masterpiece and I appreciate classics such as this.

"Nobody shall sleep!... Nobody shall sleep! Even you, o Princess, in your cold room, watch the stars, that tremble with love and with hope. But my secret is hidden within me, my name no one shall know... No!...No!... On your mouth I will tell it when the light shines. And my kiss will dissolve the silence that makes you mine!... No one will know his name and we must, alas, die. Vanish, o night! Set, stars! Set, stars! At dawn, I will win! I will win! I will win!"


Photobucket