Monday, May 23, 2011

Where Are We Now?

Marvelous Monday!

For anyone who has grown up in America or has lived here for any length of time, you will know that our culture is very different from that of Eastern culture.  A few things that I have observed:

  • In the East, respect and honor are emphasized vs. the West where rebellion is emphasized.
  • In the East, you will find tradition and repetition vs. the West where there is little stability.
  • In the East, the old ones are revered vs. the West where people are looking into new ways of euthanasia.

I find this so sad.  There is so much more that could be expounded upon, but I have always believed my readers to be excellent and well read, I am sure you have several things you could add as well.  I do not say this in thinking Eastern ways are perfect, not at all, but rather there are things we can learn from them.  Like Corrie Ten Boom said, "When you eat a fish, you eat the meat and leave the bones."  This is with everything in life.

Watch now the answer that Dr. Ravi Zacharias gives when asked, "Is Western Culture Deteriorating?"
***You may want to watch this when your children are not in the room.



I would love to know what you think of our current culture situation.  What have we gained and what have we lost in these last several decades?

No comments: