Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Reshaping It All...Day 24


So as I have mentioned in the last couple of posts we are doing the Daniel Fast and this would be sticking with most of the items on the Michi's LadderBasically...this is Clean EatingSoon the garden is going to be producing and then it will be about as organic and Kosher and we could possibly hope and dream!

As I have stated before, the Daniel Fast is not so much for me to get rid of some of this unsightly bulk, but rather get my mind once more wrapped around glorifying the Lord in all that I do...all that I choose to eat.  If God made it and He said that it was good (see Genesis 1) than shouldn't I take that to heart?  That is where I am at right now.  I really want my table and my pantry as well as my body and my family to honor the Lord.

Awhile back (since then I had gained some new readers) I had shared that our family has chosen to eat KosherThis does not seem like it would be difficult, but really it is!  Nearly everything processed has something in it that goes against the Word of God.  Passover was especially difficult for me as the requirements were even higher than normal.  I am not complaining, nor trying to appear that I "have it all together."  Rather, if you happen to be stuggling in changing your mindset and eating habits let this be an encouragement for you, if I can do this (eating clean and Kosher), YOU can definatly do whatever you have set out to do!

In keeping the commandments of the Torah and learning to eat the way God created us to eat there is something else that I am reminded of.  Our daily bread, both physical and spiritual, comes only from the Father.  He gives us the life sustaining nourishment on which we need for everyday life.  If it were not for His infinite grace and mercy, we would not even be here.  I am ever amazed that this world that holds so much sin is still loved by its Creator that He allows the plants to produce what we need to live, we still have air to breathe, and we still have temperatures that are livable for human beings unlike other planets.  How wonderful is our God!  Today, I am merely thankful for all He has done for us!

"After this manner therefore pray ye:
Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
 Give us this day our daily bread.
 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever.
Amen."
Matthew 6:9-13





No comments: