Friday, September 23, 2011

Welcome To Film Classic Friday Link-Up!

I am starting this link up to celebrate true theatrical talent.  You know what I mean...back in the day where there were hardly any special effects, the backdrops were hand painted instead of digital and the talent was really talent...they did their own singing and dancing!  We did not have cable...except for the TCM (Turner Classic Movies) marathons which my mother watched and planned for.  Then, those were serious movie recording weekends!


As my mother and grandmother loved music, it was only natural that we gravitated toward the musicals and of course comedies.  My family loved to laugh!  There are so many great lines that I can remember us all laughing uncontrollably over.  These were great and wonderful memories and I would love to relive them with you!

What I would like to do is start out by going in alphabetical order.  So this week...let's do actors, actresses, directors, producers or classic film titles that start with A.  This week I am going with Ann Miller and one of my mothers favorite movies, "Lovely To Look At," from 1956. 

The story line was very well done and leaves you smiling at the end.  The music is fabulous with the singing and the dancing numbers...you cannot help but hum the tunes after watching it!  The costume designs were second to none...a very stunning visual display!  I highly suggest adding this movie to your wishlist!



Would you like to join in the fun?  By all means!  Just link up your post, it will be open all week!  If you would like, you can take the button with you so that others can join in the fun as well.



See you here next week when we go with the letter "B" for the actor, actress, director, producer, or classic film title!