Tuesday, September 6, 2011

My Top 10 List of Songs For Roller Skating

Sunday afternoon, I had a rare moment.  I had about three hours of running errands all by myself...and that included a fabric store and a small antique store which I spent the most time in.  It was wonderful...I loved being out there in the car with no other agenda on the list for the day!  My husband and kids were busy with yard work and then they made lunch for themselves and went on to other "guy stuff."


While driving I normally listen to the classical station and only switch the station when something creepy starts playing like the score from Psycho or something along those lines.  So while I happily drove down the highway, a creepy song came on and I started hitting the scan button like a pro-couch potato flips television channels.  I stopped at a station that was playing the Electric Light Orchestra's, "Don't Bring Me Down."  This song is in my top ten list for roller skating...remember roller skating?

I remember roller skating!  I remember being a size 3 from roller skating as much as I did!  I tried to get to the rink at least once every couple of weeks, but I put in some serious practice in the driveway in the summer and the basement in the winter.  I was there for the adrenaline rush of speed (I participated in every single race that I could be there for...and usually placed).  I loved the toilet seat race and was a champion (don't knock it till you try it)!  I chose to take a break during the snowball and was only pushed out there twice (in fifteen years) to skate that...I was mortified, but was fortunate to end up with a skate guard to do all the fancy shmancy spins, jumps and tricks for couples skating.

See the comments section below (if not, refresh the page)???  Care to share your roller skating memories??? 
I would love to hear them!!!

Sadly, due to a back injury, I do not skate anymore...I don't do much of anything anymore.  But, every once in awhile I hear the music and relive the good times!  Here is my top 10 list (in no particular order) that brings me back every time!  Enjoy!!!

Don't Bring Me Down

Livin' On A Prayer

Born in the U.S.A.

Eye of the Tiger


Ghostbusters
Everybody, "I ain't afraid of no ghost!"

Together Forever
...who ever could have know that voice could have come out of that guy???

Footloose


The Moment of Truth
Real Wild Child
Another way to associate this song is through, "Crocodile Dundee II!" Best scene in the movie!


I Think We're Alone Now
...love the video...pinned pants, slouch socks, big hair and lots of denim jackets...back when teen pop stars wore clothes and looked like kids!

Top Ten {Tuesday}