Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My Elevator Speech

The Short of it...

Running (not literally) the race set before us with purity, passion, persistence, patience, and perhaps a little photography in between!

How to Blog

...and The Long of it.

Today is Day 1 in the 31DBBB on the SITS Girls Forum.  Today is the elevator speech and we all had to try and fit the entire scope of our blogs into 140 characters or less.  I did it!  136 Characters including spaces!  I can hardly believe it.  I had to think about it for quite awhile as my blog is rather eclectic.

First of all, everything in life for me points to G-d (we are Torah observant) and if it does not, it really is not too important to me in the first place.  Photography, Science, History, Food, what we watch or listen to as a family…all of life is either uplifting and glorifies the Creator of the Universe or is just not on my list of priorities.  So I needed to somehow fit that in that little elevator speech and I think I did as I incorporated my blog theme of Hebrews 12:1-2.

I wanted it to say that this is a walk (or run, however you would like to view it) that is ever changing.  No one comes to Yeshua just “knowing it all. “ That is nuts.  It is a learning and growing process (which I think is why Christians get labeled hypocrites).  It does not matter how many times I read the Word of G-d, I am consistently learning something new, seeing things in a light I did not see previously, or seeing something else that I need to personally change in my life.  It just never ends.  That is where persistence comes in.

As a home educator, WAHM, wife and anything else G-d sends my way I must incorporate patience.  I must have patience with others as it is a true fruit of Ruach Hakkodesh (See Galatians 5:22) and also a sign of maturity.  As I have patience with others, I hope they will have patience with me.

As a follower and disciple of Yeshua Ha’Mashiach I believe in a life of purity.  Purity of the mind, body and soul.  All of this can be found in His Word.  Therefore I dress with modesty as the only person that I care to see me is my husband.  I believe in speaking purely…truth, not lies…encouragement, and building one another up instead of tearing one another down.  I even believe in purity in what we eat (yep, we are Clean/Kosher Eaters)!

Passion.  How can anyone enjoy life if they are not passionate about what they do, think, believe or just life in general?  I believe in living with passion in all that I do!  I am passionate about the books I read, the companies I choose to promote, and so on and so forth.  Passion is key in life!

And last but not least, photography.  I have loved taking pictures since I was a kid!  I am not the best photographer, but I am learning and want to improve.  So for now, I just participate in those Wordless Wednesday blog hops until I am comfortable branching out a little bit more.

Please let me know what you think…did I encompass what I want to come across in the little elevator speech?  I really and truly hope I did, but am very open to suggestions!

No comments: