Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Hoo Are You?

I saw this on another blog and thought it would be fun to participate!  So...here are this weeks questions and my answers.  I hope you will join in!
1. Do you decorate for the 4th of July?
No.  We are still unpacking and my kitchen is patriotic but it is not together yet and I cannot post pics of something that is not finished.  My thought is...why only be proud to be an American only one day a year?  I love our Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, our Founding Fathers and our Military all year round.

2. Do you you buy fireworks for the 4th of July?
No.  They are dangerous and I would rather enjoy the display the professionals put on.  Besides, there is a drought going on and that would not be a smart thing to do right now.

3. How do you celebrate the 4th of July?
The last two years, we have sat down and read through the Declaration of Independence and prayed for our nation.  We have always gone to the fireworks display and if they do it this year (again...drought) we will go.

4. Do you have a family member that is serving our country?
My brother is currently in the Navy and I have friends in every branch including the reserves except for the Coast Guard.  My Paternal Grandfather fought in WWII and my Maternal Grandfather served during the Korean War and I had an Uncle in the Air Force during Desert Storm.

5. Do you dress in red, white, or blue on the fourth?
Sometimes.  It depends on if I did laundry before that day or not.  If I have red, white and blue clean then yes.  If not, I don't make a big deal out of it.  I am more concerned about the true meaning (Declaration of Independence) than the modern idea of celebrating.

NightOwlCrafting