Healthy Strawberry Bread
- 3 C. Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 C. Rolled Oats, processed till a fine flour
- 2 C. Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbs. Cinnamon
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 C. Whole Milk
- 1/2 C. Olive Oil
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 Lb. finely chopped strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 3 7x3 inch loaf pans well.
- In a large bowl mix the whole wheat flour, finely processed rolled oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Whisk together till well mixed.
- Then, add the whole milk, olive oil, and eggs. Stir until well mixed together.
- Fold in the strawberries.
- Pour evenly into the three prepared loaf pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes. The loaves will be done when the edges start to pull away from the sides of the pans and the tops are a nice golden brown. An inserted toothpick should come out clean.
- Put the pans on a wire cooling rack till cool to the touch and then enjoy!
This recipe can be found at AllRecipes.com
This is a great recipe when your garden is overflowing with strawberries, also, keep some chopped up and frozen for making this bread in the winter. We usually eat this as a breakfast bread, but I have put it into a 13x9 inch pan and used this as a dessert recipe as well (same bake time and temperature).
I have sent this to work with my husband with rave reviews from his co-workers. I have made this for friends and family when company has come, it never fails to please. Let me know what you think...and enjoy!!!