Sunday, June 12, 2011

A Learning Experience...And Lots of Coupons!!!

I am new to this whole Extreme Coupon thing.  Well...sort of.  My mom did this while I was growing up, but she never taught any of us how to do it.  Sadly.  As I have been watching others and reading what they are doing and how they are getting the big deals and crunching the numbers, I have been quietly observing from a distance.  Today, I went out on my own and I had my first trip to Walgreen's!

I had no idea they had Register Rewards.  That was neat and I understand the concept...I think.  I will not say that I am a pro...after one shopping trip.  But, I will say that I feel more confident for next time.  After coupons and sales, I saved 55% on my total and that was not too bad for a newbie.  I do plan to do better next time though.

While I was there, I tried to get a feel for the store and realized several places are mis-marked.  I will not find the Men's products where the sign say they should be...because there are feminine hygiene products there.  I will not find the body wash where the sign says it should be either.

Thankfully, the gentleman who was the cashier did not freak out when I pulled my wad of coupons out.  He did not even flinch.  I must not have had enough.  I will try for a flinch next time, even a slight wince would be sufficient!



I have lots of extra coupons that I will not be using.  So I am going to do an off the wall giveaway for them.  I don't want them to go to waste as I know there will be someone out there that can use them.  There are over $360.00 worth of coupons from the following brands:

  • Boston Market
  • Lou Ana Oil
  • Oral-B
  • Kellogg's
  • Pull-Ups
  • Hamburger Helper
  • Yoplait
  • Citracal
  • Air Wick
  • Raid
  • Nutrish
  • Danimals
  • Resolve
  • Tampax
  • Huggies
  • Zegerid
  • Motrin PM
  • Bayer
  • One A Day
  • Natural Instincts
  • And many more!

    Mandatory Entry:
    You must be a public follower on Google Friend Connect, then you must leave me a comment as to what your best couponing tip is!  (Don't forget to leave your email address so I can contact the winner)!

    Bonus Entries:
    Follow See Zwieg Run on Facebook, click here. (one entry)
    Follow See Zwieg Run on Twitter, click here. (one entry)
    Vote for See Zwieg Run on Pickett Fence, click here. (one entry)
    Tweet this post! (one entry)
    Facebook this post! (one entry)
    Blog this post!  (5 entries)

    ***Giveaway ends Wednesday, June 15th at midnight, (CST).  Coupons will be mailed from the current owner (me).  Winner will be selected by Random.org and will have 24 hours to reply.
    CLOSED.