Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Summer Movies...Cheap and FREE???

I am a planner.  Sometimes I over plan, but I don't mind thinking fast on my feet if I under plan.  This summer will be our first summer in Texas.  Already it is rather warm (in comparison to Minnesota) and the mercury has not remotely hit the highs that are coming.  So, I am trying to plan for some fun, air conditioned outings for the boys to enjoy later on.

 

We love movies, especially family oriented movies!  We do not have nor want cable so we make going to the movies a real event.  We wear nice clothes and enjoy some sort of treat (whether a restaurant or something homemade) and discuss the movie.  The best discussions for us revolve around the movies that are based off of books we have read and then comparing them.

 

 Last year, we caught the tail end of the AMC Summer Movie Camp as that was the first I had heard of this.  However, I am a bit more prepared this year and have the line ups printed off and ready to highlight which ones are going on the calendar (see above-over planner).

Which movies are you or your children looking forward to this summer?  The following are what I personally am most interested in seeing this summer:

Cars 2
<a href="http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-us&from=sp&fg=shareEmbed&vid=2b1a776e-e95a-4023-911e-898c72a39e53&src=FLCP:sharebar:embed:null" target="_new" title="'Cars 2' Trailer">Video: 'Cars 2' Trailer</a>

Zookeeper


Mr. Popper's Penguins
<a href="http://video.msn.com/?mkt=us&from=sp&fg=shareObject&vid=de3bdbac-bc42-498f-80e6-e2d3f8bf3503&src=FLCP:sharebar:embed:null" target="_new" title="'Mr. Popper's Penguins' trailer">Video: 'Mr. Popper's Penguins' trailer</a>
I read this book several times growing up and loved it!  The boys are working on it right now...the old one that I used to read with the yellowed pages...


I want to share these opportunities with you too and please pass these on to whomever you know that either has kids or just loves movies (cheap).   Not all of these may be available in your area, but please check just to make sure.  Also, if you have any near you that are not listed, please leave the link in a comment below for others to read, thank you so much!

Cinemark Summer Movie Clubhouse
10 movies for $5!!!

Marcus Theaters: Kids Rule
$2 movies!!!

Harkins Theaters: Summer Movie Fun
$1 movies!!!

Regal Entertainment Group: Summer Movie Express
$1 movies!!!

Phoenix Big Cinemas: FREE Summer Movie Series
FREE!!!

AMC Theaters
Cheap Movies before noon.

National Amusement Theaters
FREE with book report!!!
Also, just a hint...check your local community activity listings.  I have lived in several communities where they have shown movies outside against a large building, or showed free movies in a community center or events along those lines.  Search out the information and I am sure you will find something of interest!


***Just a note, I have not received any form of compensation for this post.  I only wanted to share my research with you and others so maximize your children's summer fun!


And for extra FREE Summer Fun, be sure to check out the deal at AMF, click here!!!


No comments: